Wednesday, December 31, 2008

MATTERS OF THE MIND - copyright

I am Doctor Dirk Potgieter and my secret obsession all started innocently enough. As the leading expert in matters of the mind in South Africa, it was really just a natural progression, to start testing my mind theories on those closest to me. I assume total control of any and all my social interactive situations. This makes it easy for me to manipulate myself into the puppeteer position, to test and research my latest social interactive theory. Or S.I.T. as I call it. I pull, knot and carefully stitch the fragile strings of human interactive psychology. Like a skilled heart surgeon stitching up tiny arteries, I ply my skill. I secretly liken my art form to the careful manufacture of an intricate bomb, a social house of cards. The true art is in knowing when to introduce my innocent victim to the tiny trigger or spark. The ensuing social explosion between oblivious partakers leave them completely emotionally drained and exhausted, Unaware of the gentle baiting, teasing and stitching that eventually leaves them feeling emotionally lobotomised. At this point I quickly provide the needed emotional antidote without a moments hesitation, to make sure I remedy any and all frail minds affected by my important research. In so doing I inevitably look even more professional and learned to all present who have just witnessed my absolute genius at work. I have all the answers to the contrived situations and revel in the awe of those who listen to my awesome theories of the mind – I literally leave a room of participants completely spellbound. Sometimes I administer this antidote just in the nick of time, just before the person is lost to the wilderness of the mind from which there is no coming back.
This scenario is extremely rare to achieve – but when done properly it will leave a room of people completely speechless. Spellbound by my impressive mind analysis theories and absolute caring humanist persona. The by now suicidal participant is also absolutely elated to learn the fundamental issues that plague them. They actually feel in debited to me for my accurate revelations and unique understanding of their space and place in the Psychological Social Interactive Universe. P.S.I.U.
Very tragically my research has had collateral damage, in the early days. On one occasion I made my one and only fatal error of taking too long to supply the participant with the social antidote. Unfortunately one of my more sensitive partakers, oblivious to my important mind research tragically killed herself, by plunging to her death, head first from the third floor toilet window, whilst our dinner was being served.
As I opened my first practice soon after this tragic event, for awhile I eased off on my art form. However, the research is just to important to stop completely. My research is of vital importance to humanity. The power I am now aware of, that I can wield with my mind is all encompassing. In most cases when supplying the antidote I do not even charge for my expert advice and suggestions. The person actually receives my brilliant direction for free, which they can really gain from and use.
I don’t really have a name for this real out, real in psychology, which leaves oblivious participants teetering on the brink of insanity. It is much like hypnosis, with some people being more susceptible than others to my mind manipulation. Over the years due to my constant practice and obsession with this mind study, people slowly have withdrawn from me. For no obvious reason on their part, other than whenever I am vaguely present. Wives want to divorce husbands; depressants or the newly depressed, start thinking about wrists, bridges and copious amounts of alcohol and pills. I am constantly seeking out new social circles to conduct my mind research and social experiments in. This does not really bother me much because this ensures people do not get to close to me to observe a pattern developing. And I consider it a form of marketing for my now bustling practice. I often sleep at my office and shower and ready myself for my morning patients. I am meticulously careful never to try this secret obsession with any of my current patients, as that would be completely unprofessional. No, I reserve the research strictly for after work social interactions.
My latest secretary is a beautiful woman. I gave the institute where I run my practice my detailed list of requirements and because of my accurate description of what I was looking for, did not have to go through a long list of candidates. This suited me just fine as my schedule is very busy and wasting time is never an option. My previous secretary resigned rather suddenly. As I never fully mix work with pleasure, I only slightly tested my mind theories on her. She unfortunately left before I could apply the antidote to her manufactured emotional issues. It was really her own fault, as she should have stayed longer. Now there is a poor woman who believes that her husband has whittled her away to a R100 for groceries and R10 for herself weekly servant. She also believes that she misplaces things and loses money all the time due to my implied subliminal memory loss implication techniques. I was also just starting to research a new mind technique of following her around and staring at her from a distance. She would never see me of course but I realise now the theory of someone staring at you constantly, even though you could not see them is very affective. But this is very advanced psychological study and is very new to me. I will perfect this research over time and document my findings for you all to benefit from.
Due to the high number of sexually deviant patients that come to my practice. The psychological institution that I run my practise in has had to suddenly become incredibly strict. I now have to see all my patients at my office under strict lock and key. Additionally due to the high number of germs carried by these miscreant patients they have to come and see me with white coats on. Even my new secretary has to wear a coat. In order to get through my workload of patients, I am finding I have to sleep at my office every night now.
I will be publishing my thesis shortly for humanities benefit. All participants in my research will be amazed at the roll they played in this important and revolutionary document. It will finally validate my position as South Africa’s leading mind expert.
THE END - copyright